Sunday, April 17, 2011

5 year olds

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY AND JOHN!!!




April 10th Andrew and John turned FIVE! They are getting so big and changing so much!


Fewer mispronunciations.

More independence.

Stronger opinions.

Bigger vocabularies.



I had all these thoughts and fears that five year olds were big boys...not toddlers anymore. I feared that the boys would go through an overnight change marked by the need for privacy and that they would be too cool for mama all of the sudden. Thankfully, I was wrong! The changes that are taking place in the boys have been slow and steady. They still hold my hand crossing the parking lot, still give me kisses goodnight, and still hug me in front of their friends.


The boys had a big birthday weekend! Friday night and Saturday morning they played tee ball games, then Saturday afternoon we went to Frankie's with some of their friends from school; it was a little over the top for Ashley and I, but the kids had a ball. Granny Meg and Pop took us all for a birthday dinner and then Sunday the boys had their end of the season soccer party (on their actual birthday) and got trophies! I brought cup cakes and their team had a little birthday celebration for the special boys.


Our sweet boys have come so far in 5 years! It still amazes me when I stop to think about the way our family has been blessed by those two...and how strong they have been- right from the beginning.


Ash and John riding go carts


Nana and Jack ridingFour silly boys- Andy, Jonathan, John and Jack!


No comments: