Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

What a wonderful day!! Ashley and I took the boys to Nana and Papa's house for a day of fun by the lake. Sandra and Granny made an amazing meal and we spent most of the day outside; the weather could not have been more beautiful! Ashley and the boys made me feel so special. I am so blessed to be a mother. Andrew, John and Wyatt are truly awesome boys.

There was one thing that was was missing this year: my own mom was not here. This is the first year that we have been apart on Mother's Day since my birth (as far as we can remember). My heart was a little heavy, but I am looking forward to her visit at the end of the month. Even though we were separated by miles, we were together in spirit.


Your Mother Is Always With You
~Author Unknown

She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.
She's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks.
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well.
Your mother lives inside your laughter.
She's crystallized in every tear drop.
She's the place you came from, your first home.
She's the map you follow with every step that you take.
She's your first love and your first heart break.
Nothing on earth can separate you.
Not time, not space, not even death...will ever separate you from your mother...
You carry her inside you heart!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Mom, for all you have done for me throughout the years. I know it has not always been easy and I appreciate all the sacrifices you have made for me so that I could have every opportunity. Thank you, Sandra, for raising a man that puts faith and his family above everything else. I am so blessed to have you as my mother-in-law!

1 comment:

Granny Meg said...

I never had sacrifices, just privileges! I love you very much.

Love, Mom