Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chopsticks

Andrew is very dramatic. When something is wrong with him, he wants everyone to stop and take notice. He is the only child I know who actually likes taking medicine, and the thought of going to the hospital is something that sounds fun to him.

I noticed last week that his lips were really chapped. The skin above his mouth was raw from the constant licking. My poor bear. So, I did what any mom would do and broke out the chapstick. Immediately, he became obsessed.

Now anytime ANYTHING hurts (or doesn't really hurt but he wants to pretend it does) he needs to put "chopsticks" on it.
Lips hurt: "Mama, gimme some chopsticks"
Bumps his head: "Mama, I need some chopsticks"
Dry skin: "Lemme have some chopsticks"

and my favorite:

Red fanny: "Mama, my bottom hurts. Put some chopstix on my hiney."

1 comment:

Merritt Pace said...

I was laughing out loud at this post!!! Don't you love the honesty of children?? Have a super week!
~Mer