Friday, February 6, 2009

31 going on 20

Recently I was talking to my friend Anna on the phone when her age came up. WHAT?? Really? Seriously? You're 36? Not that 36 seems old, but she just DOES NOT seem 36...
She said, "yea, 36 going on 27."
We laughed and agreed.
Since then I have decided that I am 31 going on 20.
Many parts of growing up have hit me. I am married, I have an adult house, an adult job, adult bills, and even three kids.
Somehow I still feel like a 20 year old.
My socks never match and I think bathroom humor is hysterical. I have been known to listen to loud rap...as recently as yesterday and I still speak in the same "gangsta" speak that I did in college. It's stupid, but it makes me laugh.

Given my ways, it should not shock me when my boys say things like "holla", right??!

Last night at dinner John stood up in his chair, waved his hands in the air and said, "P bear's in the hizzie. You're in the hizzie, Wyatt!!"

Ooof. Time to grow up. For me.

1 comment:

Anna said...

hahahahahaha! I so talk like too!!! I think it's funny and if no one else does, then hmph to them! :)