Monday, September 29, 2008

Where's Jesus

Last night on the way home from Granna Ann's house Andrew asked from the backseat:
"mama, where is Jesus?"
Frankly, I was taken aback by the question. We pray with the kids every day and talk about Jesus, but until yesterday, they had never asked about Jesus by name.

"Jesus is in Heaven and also in your heart, sweet pea" I told him (thinking wow...we might be entering our first two way conversation about Christ).

"No mama, He sleeping. He take a nap. Jesus tired." Andy said.

Okay, so we are not quite there...but we are getting somewhere.

Today on the way home from Heather's, Andy asked me again, "mama, where Jesus?".
(Again, I start thinking this is it. Our first real conversation about Jesus).

"Jesus is in your heart Andrew. He is also in Heaven. He loves you very much."

"No mama, He working. Jesus at work."

Very true. Jesus is working. In me. In the boys. In Ash. Please keep working, Jesus. I have a long way to go.

1 comment:

lindler5 said...

doesn't get much sweeter!