Saturday, December 27, 2008

Chocolate Resolutions

For a period of probably ten years I convinced myself that I really did not like chocolate. I actually stopped eating it (for the most part) in high school because it is so fattening. I had so much to worry about back then you know since I only exercised about 20 hours a week. Anyway, I have always loved candy like skittles, nerds, twizzlers...all the sugary stuff. This season though, I let myself fall into the trap of just eating "a little chocolate" here and there. So essentially I have gone from someone who "doesn't really like chocolate" to someone has eaten every chocolate thing that I have seen in the past month. My diet has included M&M's (peanut, regular and mint), Reece's, mini Snickers, mini Milky Way, mini 3 Musketeers, cookies, cakes, Hershey's hugs and kisses, and Twix. It's absurd.

Tonight while rocking P to sleep I told myself that it has to stop. I have to get back on the "I do not really like chocolate" wagon and stay there because I am obviously incapable of doing anything in moderation.

I have never been really big on New Year's resolutions, but I am going to have 2 resolutions in 2009: stop eating everything in sight and do some work on Preemie G. (don't ask about Preemie G. I could tell you, but I would have to kill you since I do not have a patent yet).

Andy and John have a resolution too: Get potty trained. I will wait and tell them next week.

No comments: