Monday, December 1, 2008

Elf of the Shelf

If you are not familiar with this book, I highly recommend it.

Last night Santa visited our house and left an elf! This elf is watching the boys and every night he is going to go back to the North Pole and tell Santa if they have been good boys or bad. Andrew and John are so fired up about this elf (whom they very creatively named Mr. Elf). They are not allowed to hold him or touch him because his magic might disappear, and he can not talk to them. They can tell him their wish lists though!!

Tonight at bedtime they really couldn't care less about me reading the usual books. They were intent on discussing "Kanta Klaus" and Mr. Elf and acting good. It reminded me of a time when I believed in magic. It is going to be so fun to relive all the excitement through the boys' eyes. I think it is going to be better the second time around than it was the first.

No comments: