Tuesday, June 16, 2009

29 again

Happy Birthday Me. Today I turned 29...again. Same as last year, and the year before and yea...you get the picture. My goal is to forget how old I actually am.


My birthday celebration actually started yesterday when Ashley asked me to leave work early! I thought we'd go on the lake for a quick boat ride and be at Heather's by 5:30 or 6:00 to pick up the boys. That would have been awesome because we never get to hang out on the lake. Of course, Ashley always makes things **extra special** for me, so he worked it out so that his mom would go get the boys. That meant our short boat ride turned into hours on the water and a late dinner at my favorite place, Miyo's! We had a wonderful time looking at the houses on the lake, talking about old times, and hanging out when the idea to wake board hit me. This is something that I have not done since having kids. Not a smart idea for someone wishing to forget how old they are. "Stiff" does not even begin to describe my back and shoulders as a result of this decision....but it was fun.

Today I slept a little late (present #1) and then had a great day getting numerous phone calls and gifts from friends and family. My mom took me to lunch at Brix and then we went to Ann Taylor together where I got an awesome new shirt (in addition to the gifts she had already given me which were too much)!! I returned to work to an ice cream cake and singing!!

Several phone calls and emails wishing me happy birthday later, I was off to get the bears. Tonight was Andrew and John's first swimming lesson (more on that later).


When I got home Ashley surprised with me gifts from the boys. He also made me a candy cake with candles. The boys helped me blow them out, of course.

What a special birthday.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many loving people who make me feel very loved.


1 comment:

lindler5 said...

happy birthday!! and awesome cake. great job, ashley!