Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pete and Repeat

Our older boys repeat everything. Actually, I am wrong, they mostly repeat the things that we do not want them to repeat. They don't repeat the pleases, thank yous, sirs and ma'ams nearly as often as we'd like.

Like most families, Ashley and I have taken to spelling to each other in order to have conversations that are ours alone. We spell things we do not want repeated and spell out conversations that are too mature for little ears. Car accidents, deaths, hospitalizations...we spell it all...the operative words anyway.

So tonight at dinner, I spelled a cuss word to Ashley. (You know, for effect). Well guess what?? A little parrot to my right spelled it right back not once, not twice, but THREE times.

How does that happen when they can not remember the spelling of their own four letter names?

Maybe it's time for Ashley and I to start signing.

No comments: